Friday, May 6, 2011

Westminster Wedding

So, did you watch the Royal Wedding? I didn't expect to, but it was rather hard to escape. And by the time it was on, I was excited for it. I didn't stay up, but I did record it. And though I haven't watched all of it yet (like the part at Buckingham), I've seen enough to see it was absolutely beautiful.

So by the time the Diva's challenge came around, to do a ZIA inspired by the royal wedding, I'd already been thinking of doing one.

It just took me all week because I found one pattern in Westminster that I obsessed over.

But, finally, it's done! :D



Done in micron pens on the usual cardstock, but this time I used an HB pencil to shade. Which, of course, didn't show up too well in the scan. Oops. There is shading there, really...

Tangles: Nightbridge, my new pattern Quirepine, a variation on Opus, sanibelle, sundoo, and chambray. Anything else was just pattern as it came, not a conscious use of anything named. (Though the lace around William's window is similar to 'lace')


And, the result of a week of failed attempts at deconstruction, persistence paid off. Here's my new pattern Quirepine, based on the white-on-blue pattern in the windows of the choir area. Or, as they spell it at Westminster, 'quire'. The largest motif reminded me of the pineapple, hence the name.

8 comments:

  1. Totally awesome. Great challenge entry and a wonderful pattern tute to boot! Thanks, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! The background is really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hé, this is a nice tangle. Though we took the same inspiration our tangles became very different; I like you version very much.
    i like your entry for the challenge.Bride and groom are very recognizable.
    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh, love Quirepine. Your work was not in vain, way to deconstruct. I can hardly wait to try it. You certainly captured those wonderful Westminister windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your tangle is lovely, too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very regal drawing. Love all the ornate details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! I scan everything using color settings even if its black and white that way the shading will show up.Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete