Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Texan Tangle (Well, ZIA)

And this is what I was creating the patterns for. I ended up only using four in the piece, but until I really got started, I didn't know which ones I wanted to use. :) This will be a gift to a UT fan.



Materials: done on 4.5 x 6.5 inch cardstock using black micron pens. Colored with orange, burnt ochre, and pumpkin orange to get something close to the UT burnt orange color, and warm grey 50% to shade. Tangles used were clay tiles by Lori Howe, my patterns GRG-UT, BTLD-UT, ENS-UT, and Littlefield-UT. The longhorn silhouette is the official Longhorn logo of the University of Texas at Austin, named Bevo. I traced him with a lightbox.

If you're interested in some of the process, I have two pictures of the pattern in progress here: Longhorn WIP 1 and Longhorn WIP 2

1 comment:

  1. Awesome - be sure to tell the lucky recipient about the significance of the tangles chosen!

    ReplyDelete