Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beginning of a new project

I got inspired by tanglepatterns, alpha tangle, and by Mafe's great tangle mosaic (which she's got available as a booklet, too), and decided to do my own twist on the idea. I found that moleskine has a 'japanese journal' in which the pages fold out to make one long sheet. Drawing patterns yet again is indeed more work, but it's drawing more patterns :D. And for some insane reason, I have fun organizing my patterns, almost as much fun as I have using them in projects.

So, here's the first page of my new reference journal.



Each square is just under an inch square, probably about 3/4 of an inch, and my intent is just to put enough in to get the idea for the pattern. I have more detail on my pattern cards, where I draw the pattern (and sometimes steps) in a 2 inch square on an ATC. I'll eventually get some of those posted just for kicks.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea! I have a simple list of tangle names, divided into categories I find useful, but there's the odd one that I forget what it looks like!
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete