Saturday, June 11, 2011

A "Linienspiele" for week 25's challenge

Rhapsody in Germany has put together instructions for how to do what she calls linienspiele -- or, "Line play". I love the way that name rolls off the tongue. :D I've been trying it out without much success, but I also admit I haven't carried anything through to the final line.

Until now.

I decided to give it a try to the zendala template for the Diva's week 25 challenge. I'm pretty happy with the results.



This was done on bristol smooth using a black calligraphy marker, black micron pens in .005, .1, .2, and graphic 1, a red micron pen in .1, and grey copic pens in .1

8 comments:

  1. This is a terrific zendala!!! It must have taken you forever to do!! Great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it took less than 2 hours to do, which is less time than some of my entries for other challenges. Like the one where she gave us the string to fill in just a few weeks ago, and I did so many little circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammi,

    I've been browsing your blog and looking at your art. It's really cool! I love how intricate the designs are. Great job!

    -Kellee Packham

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the "line play" technique. Great job... I love the random touches of red.

    ReplyDelete