This week's Diva challenge is presented by another guest challenger. This time, it's Sue Jacobs from Sue's Tangle Trips. She came up with a creative way to create a relatively random string.
Thread is something I have in abundance. I used to design cross stitch patterns, have tried beading, tried my hand at macrome and tying celtic knots... even some quilting (though that one didn't take off that well with me). And as I'd like to get back into embroidery and macrome again some day, I still have all my materials.
So, to create a closed string, I grabbed a bead stopper and some pearle thread and played with lowering it onto a 3.5x3.5 square I cut from a page of bristol smooth. Took about three tries to get a string that was pleasing to me, but it worked pretty well.
And here's what I did with it.
I used btl joos, tripoli, and Sue's pattern bumps. Done in micron pigmas, shaded with 4, 6, and 8b graphites.